Blogs are some of the most popular destinations on the web. Some of the top websites are based on CMS optimized for blog. Boing Boing, TechCrunch, TMZ all in the list of top 10 blogs run on WordPress. There is no doubt that WordPress is one of the most popular CMSs in use today.
It's easy to use and easier to manage but installing it may not be a straightforward process for beginners. Certified Hosting offers a 1 click automatic installer for WordPress (called Softaculous), but it needs some configuration. This article will walk you through the steps to install WordPress from cPanel:
- Log in to your Certified Hosting account.
- Scroll down to “Softaculous Apps Installer” and click it.
- Select WordPress and Click on “Install”. If you do not see WordPress listed here, search for “WordPress” in the search box located at top left on this page.
- Fill out the details of your WordPress installation on the next page.
- Under Software Setup:
- Choose the protocol, if your site has SSL, then please choose the HTTPS protocol.
- Choose the domain you would like to install WordPress on.
- In Directory field, select the directory you’d like to install WordPress in. If it is the first thing you want your users to see, leave the input box empty. If you’d like to install WordPress in a sub-folder, like http://certifiedhosting.com/blog, simply type 'blog' in this field. This folder that you enter should not already exist.
- Advanced Options:
- You may use a custom name for your database and table prefix.
- Select your preferred choices from the options. We recommend selecting: auto upgrade, auto upgrade WordPress plugins, auto upgrade WordPress themes.
- Set Automated Backups to “Once a day”.
- Select Plugins: Select plugins to be installed with the WordPress installation.
- Choose Language: Select the default language for your WordPress admin account.
- Under Admin Account:
- Create a username and password for your WordPress admin account.
- Enter the email id where you would like to receive updates, notifications or password recovery mails.
- Under Site Settings:
- Enter the title of your blog, the name of your company or website.
- Enter a short description for your blog.
- If you want to install more than one WordPress blog on this domain, select the checkbox.
- In the next step, select a theme you’d like to use. If you can’t find one you like, click on “Search”. You can also select any theme to continue. Themes can be changed at any point of time after the installation is done.
- Click on “install” to complete the installation
- Wait for a few moments to see the "Installed Successfully" message.
- Go to your blog and click on “Login” to enter your credentials and get started.