First you will need to CREATE A CSR:
1. Login to your cpanel
2. Go to >> Security >> SSL/TLS Manager >> Private Keys (KEY) >> Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys.
3. Scroll down towards the bottom and either input the domain name or choose the domain from the dropdown
** these are domain specific so www.domainname.com is different than domainname.com
4. You should now have your domain listed under:
Security >> SSL/TLS Manager >> Private Keys (KEY) >>Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys.
5. Go to >>Security >>SSL/TLS Manager >> Certificate Signing Requests (CSR) >> Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests.
6. Select appropriate domain
7. Fill out the appropriate information (Company Name, etc.) *ALL FIELDS ARE REQUIRED
8. Click generate
You will now be a given a package/code that looks like below.
Please copy the entire code into your copy buffer
**DO NOT USE THIS CODE, USE THE CODE GIVEN TO YOU IN CPANEL**
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
Next you will go to the place where you intend to purchase your SSL Certificate from. If you purchased it from us, then you would have received an email with a configuation link to follow.
You will be copying that codegiven to you in cpanel in the steps to follow.
Choose Web Server Type: Apache with mod_ssl
While you are at the configuration page from your provider, you will be asked to choose an email address to receive an approval code. The email addresses that are available to choose from are all related to your domain as you will see from the drop down list. Please make sure you chose an email address that you have set up and can receive email at.
WHAT HAPPENS NOW?
You will receive an email requesting that you approve the SSL request. Please click the approval link and click APPROVE on the web page.
You will receive a FINAL email with your CRT code. This code looks very much like the code you submitted originally, but IT IS NOT THE SAME! Please copy the code from the email and once again login to your cpanel admin area for the final steps of completion.
1. Login to your cpanel
2. Go to >> Security >> SSL/TLS Manager >> Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates.
3. Paste that code sent to you via email into the box below: "Paste the CRT below:" Click the Upload Button.
DO NOT create a self signed cert by going through the "Generate a New Certificate"
4. Click on the SSL/TLS Manager one more time and click on "SSL Installer"
5. Select the specific domain (with or without www) from the pull down menu
The CRT and KEY fields should have the information from what you entered earlier
6. Click the "Install Certificate" button
You can check your certificated by going to HTTPS://yourdomain.com or HTTPS://www.yourdomain.com (which ever you chose)
We understand these steps can be confusing. If at anytime you need assistance with the SSL configuration, please contact our support team by submitting a ticket and letting us know what steps you have completed so far.